top of page
History of the Inn and Bracebridge
Bracebridge was incorporated as a village in 1875; by 1889, when it acquired town status, the population had risen to 1600 and industries included two large tanneries (using local hemlock for tanning hides), a grist mill, a woolen mill, a flour mill and a sawmill - all taking advantage of the ample water power.
The Inn at the Falls was commissioned by Judge Mahaffy in 1874.
bottom of page